This post is an advertisement by Cotton.
With Fall here, the days are getting shorter, cooler, and that means so is the urge to cozy up indoors. Whether it's with a book or a glass of your favorite wine, little nooks around the house are a must have to enjoy these things. My go-to is always something plush to sit on in front of the fire. Our couch is too far so having some floor pillows to pull up to and around the fireplace is an easy item to add to your decor and welcome the change of the season! So today, in partnership with Cotton, I'm sharing a super simple DIY to make your very own in under an hour.
- 2 pieces of cotton fabric 6 to 12 inches larger than your pillow on all sides
- Pillow insert
1. Measure your fabric. Lay the pillow on top and measure 6-12 inches larger on each side (this will determine how long the fringe around your pillow is). Cut 2 pieces.
2. With your pieces of fabric stacked on top of each other, and your pillow centered, start cutting in towards the edge of the pillow. Strips can be anywhere from 1/2" to 1".
3. At the corners, cut one piece directly at the corner and trim the rest away as the image above shows.
4. Repeat this on all sides.
5. Put the pillow in between your two layers of fabric.
6. Start tying the top and bottom strips of fabric together to encase the pillow.
7. Once you have tied all the strips together, trim them to your desired length and fluff.
Add to your favorite spot, enjoy and relax! I paired mine with a favorite rug we have, a few other pillows and a tiny table to keep a candle and cocktail.
I can't wait until it cools down even more so I can utilize this cozy pillow right by the fire! What are you guys doing to get your home prepped for Fall?
Post in partnership with Cotton + Refinery29