Watermelon Mimosa || Cocktails
Mimosas. The necessity of brunch. A weekend without them is incomplete. But, sometimes you need to change it up a bit. So that is what I did for my summer brunch. It's an easy twist, and it's going to keep your guests drinks cooler, longer, without watering them down.
- 1 whole watermelon, juiced
- Small bowl of watermelon chunks
- Fresh OJ
How to make the cocktail:
- Create a mixture, 50/50, or the watermelon juice and oj in a pitcher
- If you have the large sphere or square ice cube molds, grab those, plain trays will work as well, I also used this fun lip shaped silicone mold from the craft store. Fill your trays/molds and freeze.
- Add one oversized sphere/square, or 3 of the smaller cubes to a glass and top with sparkling wine or prosecco
- Garnish with a stir stick and a few chunks of the fresh watermelon
As the cubes melt, they add a delicious juice mixture to your cocktail that your guests can freshen up occasionally with a splash of sparkling wine.
All images by Dez + Tam Photography
Stir sticks available here.