Ok, so apparently coconut oil is a controversial thing (according to the internet). Some people hate it, some swear by it... and don't leave any comments telling me why it's bad, i'm still gonna eat it. Obviously, I love it and have seen more info leading me to believe it's healthy. I love it on veggies, so I figured why not popcorn? You always want candy with your movie night popcorn, so why not create a popcorn that is both sweet and savory?
Ingredients (I won't judge, this can be one serving or three):
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. unpopped popcorn
- garlic powder
- Mix the oil and kernels in a large pot until they are evenly coated. Shake the pot around until you have a single layer of kernels on the bottom. Cover the pot with a lid
- Turn your stove onto medium heat and wait.
- Let the popcorn pop until there is 2-3 seconds in between the popping sound, remove from heat. Make sure to shake a few times while it is popping.
- Pour your popcorn into a large bowl, drizzle a tiny bit (or spray/spritz if you have a sprayer) of coconut oil and add your salt, pepper and garlic powder on top to taste. I usually do this once, toss, and then add a bit more again to make sure every bite has a little flavor.
- Add your fave white wine and a movie, enjoy.
I'm thinking next round I'll go for a sweet popcorn with some cinnamon sugar instead! Have you guys ever tried popping with coconut oil? What are some good spice combos?