the holiday weekend is approaching quickly, so i figured it would be fun to share quick tips and projects for simple entertaining! the most important of them being
what to always have on hand for last minute guests. we all have those saturdays. when plans come together last minute and before you know it you have to play hostess. there are 6 things that we always have around that should get you through a gathering in a pinch.
1. always have a few basic mixers. fruit juice, club soda and pellegrino mix well with almost everything.
2. easy snacks that can be kept (unopened) for long periods of time like mixed nuts.
3. herbs spice up any cocktail and make for a great garnish. they're super inexpensive to buy on your weekly grocery trips and can be used for cooking if you don't end up entertaining with them.
4. cocktail napkins spruce up your bar cart by adding a little color and pattern and also work well for both cocktails and your snacks. i make mine from inexpensive cotton fabric
maybe i should share the simple diy for those?
5. basic glasses that can be used for multiple cocktails. i think that we've finally strayed from forcing specific cocktails into specific glasses
get creative and serve your creations in what you want! champagne coupes are great for many drinks, and i always have a mix of thrift finds that add interest to the bar cart.
6. this may sound like a strange one, but keep something alive and green either on your patio or in your yard. we have a giant green bush with long fluffy branches that i always go to for a quick pop at the dinner table, in the kitchen, or wherever we are entertaining. it's not always in your timeframe to get to the store and create an arrangement, green branches add a lot, in a few seconds, and are free.
so what do you all keep stocked for those unexpected gatherings? would love to hear your tips and tricks in the comments!