to say i've got parties on the brain would be an understatement. this is the first year that i can remember that i didn't plan a little celebration for my bday. between work, travel.. and life in general, it just didn't fit in. but that didn't stop me from pinning myself the perfect party ;)
if i had that chance to put together a bash, there definitely would have been lots of whimsical details, flowers everywhere, and random animals in unexpected places (don't worry, not real animals... just see below).
1. i must find/make this dress! stripes are not going anywhere, so i think this would be a great investment piece. i've been getting back into making my own clothes again... easy clothes that is. loose flowing tops and skirts perfect for summer. i think this striped number would be fairly easy to whip up as well. (image)
2. we don't have a pool, but i'm sure i can find somewhere to float some roses. this detail is beautiful and would definitely need to be a focal point somewhere around the party. (image)
3. super fun candy wrapped up in custom wax paper packaging would be given as favors (image)
4. individual servings of cake on their own mini stands?! yes please. i see a new trend rolling in guys... buh bye cupcakes. (image)
5. well, i will just never get over picnics and tents. making little seating areas for guests to mingle is a must. and making them cozy and a shady spot to hide from the sun is just extra credit (image)
6. bunny place card holders would make an appearance for sure. they could be used to hold signs to label food and drinks too. i see a diy in my future! (image)
what do you think of the whimsical details? how would you plan your bday bash?
[you can follow along on pinterest for many more party details! ]