Alright everyone, summer is officially here, and if you haven’t started celebrating… it’s time. I can’t think of a more appropriate reason to get together in the summer than a pool party. So, as I continue my outdoor summer entertaining series with Santa Margherita, I thought it was the perfect time to give you all some tips on hosting a chic pool party.
Trust me, I love taking it easy when those heat waves move into Cali… but nothing makes me happier than giving your everyday items a luxe touch. Especially when you have a crew of girls that appreciate those little details. Plus, it makes instagraming your day in the sun that much easier;) Here’s what we did to elevate our pool party spread:
1. Update your glass ware to something a bit more interesting. Whenever there is an occasion for Prosecco Superiore (made with aromatic Glera grapes in the hills of Valdobbiadene, a town known for producing the finest Prosecco Superiore, and DOCG status – the highest and most distinctive classification possible), I always pull out my coupes. Fun fact… did you know that the Coupe Glass is actually your best bet (next to a wine glass) for sipping vibrant wines? The wider glass openings allow the wine’s aromas to come through better and help people ‘sniff’ wine properly, offering a better rounded sipping experience. Keep that in your back pocket!
2. Add flowers… to EVERYTHING. They instantly class up anything, even your water. I purchased mine here and have since already placed a second order. They're affordable, they show up the next day and they are gorgeous.
3. Throw in a signature touch with cozy decor. You can always count on a party hosted by myself to included some sort of delicately draped linens and flowers. There’s no reason you can’t have that outdoors! So we tossed some blankets down for our picnic and accented them with simple arrangements and loose blooms.
4. Give them something fun to do. My favorite is putting out a polaroid camera with tons of film. You end up with pictures of everything from friends, to small details they loved at your party.
5. Keep their glasses full! This should actually be number one… most important on the list. Use oversized bowls, vases or pots to keep several bottles of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore chilled at all times. I don’t like when guests have to go searching for the next bottle, so make sure it’s right there ready to go.
6. Make sure everyone has what they need. Fill straw baskets with extra towels to dry off, blankets to set on, sunscreen, or even extra hats if someone wants to stay cool.
We had so much fun putting this day together to share our tips with you! What are your go-to party tips for the summer?
Images by Yvette Goltiao
Flowers by Beautiful Savage Flowers
Post in partnership with Santa Margherita
Also, don’t forget that you can enter Santa Margherita’s weekly contest on Instagram! More details below.
- Follow @SantaMargheritaUSA on Instagram and show us how you are enjoying a glass of SMA Wines by uploading a photo, tagging them and included #SMSUMMERCONTEST
- Enter weekly, Thursdays through Sundays only
- Prizes include:
- Weekly Santa Margherita-inspired summer prize packs
- (1) $2,500 backyard makeover Grand Prize
- No purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Begins 6/15/17 at 12:00:01 p.m ET, ends 8/6/17 at 11:59:59 p.m ET. Open to 50 US & DC legal residents, 21+. Void where prohibited. For official rules visit www.santamargheritawines.com/contestrules. Sponsor: Santa Margherita USA Inc.