I feel like we are just starting new series over here left and right. Well, you know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention... and with finally having a small team (of two;) around here, 'Summer Fridays' were the necessity. But so was being able to fit into our pants... new necessity, healthy happy hour snacks and drinks. What does that mean? We'll be showing you how to host a Fit Fete, or maybe just give you weekend snack ideas that won't throw you completely off track. First up, a five ingredient avocado dip that's easier than guacamole and dare I say, more flavorful.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Your fave spices, I used garlic powder, cumin, pepper and a pinch of salt
- Chop your avocado into 1/2" chunks and quarter your tomatoes
- Toss in a bowl with the beans and squeeze your lime over the top
- Drizzle with olive oil, spices and gently mix with a fork
- Find your favorite dipping snack (I used black bean corn chips, kale chips are awesome, cucumber, or it even tastes good by itself) and put it in your mouth. Voila.
No mashing, baking or crazy ingredients. The leftovers aren't bad on salads, eggs, or whatever you've got in your fridge. It is the chameleon of dips;)
Can't wait to experiment and bring you more healthy alternatives! And don't be scared, this does not mean we are banning sugar, chocolate and other delicious things from the blog. Just thought we would balance it out a bit. Enjoy and happy friday! Tag #afabulousfete if you give it a try this weekend!