Spiked Spa Water || Cocktails
I mention, often, that one of the things I look forward to doing for our get togethers is mixing up a new cocktail. I don't reserve this for big parties or special occasions. Whether it's 4 people or 30 people, I like to give guests something new to sip on when they arrive. I think that people have come to expect it when they come over, so I'm always on the look out for interesting and new twists on big batch drinks. This book, Punch Bowls & Pitcher Drinks, will definitely be open for all of our summer soirees. Next on the agenda is the Watermelon-Tequila punch, but first, here is what we mixed up for our debut cocktail.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 6 thin lemon slices
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chilled sparkling water
- ice cubes
- Slice 12 slices of the cucumber, set aside. Peel and chop the rest, combine with a 1/2 cup water in a blender and puree.
- In your pitcher, muddle the sliced cucumber, lemon slices, mint and sugar. Mix in 1 3/4 cups of the cucumber puree, the vodka and the lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Mix in your chilled sparkling water and serve!
- Set out extra cucumber slices, lemon slices and mint leaves for garnish.
This whole book is dedicated to cocktails for groups of 4 or more, such a great resource to have on hand for parties! Do you guys have any have favorite pitcher cocktails?