I'm the first person to grab a donut or something sweet when attending a brunch. But, I don't mind balancing that out with something savory and maybe a tiny bit good for you. It's all about balance and moderation right? I came across this recipe in a magazine and few months ago and stored it away for our first brunch of the season.
Ingredients // makes 2 servings:
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 strawberries
- 3/4 cup lentils (they sell them pre-made at trader joes!)
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 4 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. oj
- 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside
- Mix lentils and sliced strawberries in a bowl with a few spoonfuls of the dressing, drain excess dressing back into bowl.
- Toss arugula in dressing and separate onto 2 plates
- Top with strawberry and lentil mixture, sliced hardboiled eggs, and finally the crumbled feta
It was the perfect mix of sweet and savory to pair with the rest of the spread.
Have you guys ever tried a breakfast salad? This was my first but I feel like there needs to be a little more experimentation in the kitchen for a few different takes on this recipe!
All images by Dez + Tam Photography
Adapted from a recipe found in Shape Magazine.